Friday, July 06, 2007

Son of Clausen


Three days into my relationship with Clausen, it appeared that he was ready to produce some bread, so I followed Homegrown Revolution's recipe as best I could and a day and a half later, we have bread! It's kinda flat and doesn't smell too strong, and it stuck to the towel I used in the proofing bowl, so it looks pretty funky, but it's bread!

We haven't cracked it open yet because E wants to photograph it as part of his brown food series (seriously), so I can't say whether it actually worked. I have a feeling that it's going to be too dense and sticky in the middle, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I also have another loaf in the works for tomorrow, hoping to learn from the first spawn of Clausen today. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Homegrown Revolution said...

That's a damn good looking loaf! Rock on!